Uluwatu Temple Bali tour and history are the only reason why many tourists always include on their list. The curious how a temple stands on the cliff on the height of 70 meters above the sea level? It turns out there are numerous interesting things which the tourists get there. They know the all about Bali Uluwatu Temple and the attractions that they can watch.
Different Views of Uluwatu Temple Bali Tour and History
All this time, there are two kinds of history options about this unique temple. The first view said that the temple which has an address in Pecatu Village, established in 9th AD. Empu Kuturan was the builder when Marakarta’s reign taken place. Secondly, the people believe that a pedanda or Hindu monk namely Hyang Nirartha was the builder. He came from Kediri, East Java exactly from Daha Kingdom where he arrived here in 1546 AD. This pedanda came made Uluwatu Temple Bali in the reign of Dalem Waturenggong.
Hyang Nirartha built it on the hill in Pecatu Village. It is in Kuta, Bali. After he finished his task, he went to complete his spiritual journey around Bali. Then, the monk went back to the temple and died there. His death was not common because of the moksa or died and his body disappeared to leave the worldly life (Marcapada). He left to enter Swargaloka or heaven.
Some Facts of Uluwatu Temple Bali Tour and History
It turns out there are still some facts relating on Uluwatu Temple in Bali. The facts are more than those two different views of its history. Even though, it informs about other Uluwatu Temple Bali tour and history that more than a story. It tells about:
- The location of the temple is only 30 kilometers on the southside of Denpasar.
- It has another name of Luwur Temple includes main spiritual pillars in Bali Island.
- There is a ceremony that takes place for three days with thousands of Hindus. Piodalan is the name of the ceremony to celebrate the temple’s anniversary. According to Uluwatu Temple Bali tour and history records the event takes Anggara Kasih Day as the right time. It takes place in wuku Medangsia in Caka calendar or Hindu’s calendar.
- When you arrived in the temple, you will get a welcome of a stone Bentar gates or entrance door. Around the gates, there are some relief sculptures such as leaves and flowery patterns on the front part. Then, there are the steps with some shady trees behind the gate. However, you will pass two elephant-headed men stature before entering the gate.
- Uluwatu Temple history claims that the temple is unique and different. It differs the tourists must pass along stone steps first. You will come from the east not the west like common the common temple.
- Beware of the monkeys around the temple that always accompany your journey. Their presences are to keep the existence of the Uluwatu Temple Bali tour and history. By the way, they will not hurt you but only disturb you with taking your foods. However, they may take the accessories that you wear too.
- The tourist can enter the temple from the south and the north. Besides the temple, monkeys, and the forest, this place presents a beauty of ocean view.
- Another fact of Uluwatu Temple Bali tour and history is about its function to keep Bali from evil sea spirits. Hindus believe and make it to as the place to worship of Siva, Rudra, and Balinese Hindu deity.
- There is another ceremony to celebrate the big temple anniversary. It always takes place every six months according to the Balinese 210-day Pakuwon cycle. The royal family of Jro Kuta from Denpasar are the patron of the event because it is the temple’s keeper.
Inside of the Uluwatu Temple and the Dresscode to enter
Well, those are some facts of Uluwatu Temple Bali tour and history that you never know before. Next, let’s reveal the inside of the temple but before you must understand one thing. It relates to the dress code that you have to wear during staying in the temple. Each visitor must wear a sarong and sash that the committee provides here. Afterward, you can take around the temple and watching Kecak and Fire Dance Performance. The event takes place every day at the adjacent cliff-top stage with the sunset background. It turns out it becomes the best time to visit is that is from 6 pm to 7 pm.
Even though, it needs a serious struggle to reach the stage where you can see the sea here. You must pass the cliff that has concrete wall protection along with the monkeys. Nonetheless, your struggle never ends vain because of Uluwatu Temple Bali tour and history ready to wait for you. When you start entering the temple, there is opened- an area with asphalt and stone floor. It is a field which shows a wooden building near the north gate. Then, there is a Paduraksa Gate on the west to the next field.
Differs from the previous gate, it has a roof, stone framed arching door for the giant head statue. Talking on the gate roof, the visitors will watch a crown full of relief statues. Even, the statues fill the gap between the gate. This Uluwatu Temple tourism informs a small field on the south-facing of the sea. It also tells about a wooden construction on the edge of the field to sit down and stare the sea.
Uluwatu Temple Bali Tour and History: List of Tour Agency Packages
The difficulty of reaching the temple does not only when you climb the step. Uluwatu temple that had gotten the restoration several times, there is no public transportation. Taxi, rental car, or rent a taxi may become the best way to reach. Besides that, the pubic facilities are quite limited and do not available around the temple. Nonetheless, you do not need to turn around because many tour agencies are ready to help. You can see the list of Uluwatu Temple Bali tour packages such as below:
1. Get Your Guide
Get Your Guide is the first reference of Uluwatu Temple Bali tour and history. It offers a comprehensive private tour with a duration of 10 hours. You can enjoy the service with the tour guide in English and Mandarin Languages. Start from IDR 855. 500 per person and you can get a pick up from your hotel. It receives instant confirmation, printing & cellular vouchers, and free cancelation. Even though, you must do it before the activity begins. Where do you contact it? Visit www.getyourguide.com for further information.
2. Bali Golden Tour
The next tour package offers two kinds of price like a full-day tour. You can take a regular price from IDR 550.000 to 2.000.000 with some facilities. There are a private bus, minibus, or car where they include a driver. They can speak English so that you can make a little bit of conversation with him. Even though, you do not get entrance ticket, dinner, and Kecak Dance tickets. Bali Golden Tour offers a WhatsApp number on +6281558449505 and the email address of firstname.lastname@example.org. Besides that, you can open the official website of www.baligoldentour.com to register.
3. Family Bali Tours
The third Uluwatu Temple Bali tour and history are Family Bali Tours. It offers a half-day package with the price starts from IDR 400.000 per car. You get a convenient car, free fuel, and a driver in English speaking. If your tour is more than 6 hours, it asks you for the additional cost of IDR 50K per hours. To enter the temple, you must pay again for IDR 50K per person. Contact Family Bali Tours on +6281337122382 or the website of www.familybalitours.com.
4. ComoBali Tours
It serves you starting from IDR 400.000 for Mini Bus or Car with English speaking driver. You get free parking, fuel, and free mineral water. However, there is no entrance ticket, food, and activity/ registration fee. On the other hands, there is an all-in-one package with IDR 500.000 for one person. Choose this option is of more benefit because you have more facilities. Besides prior facilities, you get Indonesian food dinner, mineral water, and entrance ticket. If you interest to use this Uluwatu Temple Bali tour and history, call +6285738644774. -Como-Bali Tours have an email address of email@example.com and the website of www.comobalitour.com.
5. Wonderful Bali Tour
Wonderful Bali Tour serves you on Whatsapp, Line, WeChat, and mobile phone. You can call through those applications on+ 62 8123 98 4467. Besides that, there is an email address on info@wonderfulbalitourscom. This last Uluwatu Temple Bali tour and history exist in Jln Akasia V 12 Denpasar, Bali. It offers USD 35 per car for 4 to 6 passengers. Same like others, it does not include the entrance ticket where you will spend IDR 30.000 to enter. Kecak fire dance needs the additional fee of IDR 100.000. Nonetheless, you get a free private air-condition car, parking, petrol, and the English speaking driver. For more information, click www.wonderfulbalitours.com.
Okay, those are some reviews on Uluwatu Temple Bali Tour and history. Watch and touch the reliefs alone there through one of the tour packages above. You can also try Bali Golden Tour, Viator, Bali Green Tour, and many more. Reserve and explore Uluwatu Temple now!